THE VISIONARY BUSINESSMAN
Kentaur was established in 1990 by the then 24-year-old Bernt Dahl. The historical roots go back to 1927 when the company was known as Fredericia Kittel Fabrik. The company, which was later renamed Kentaur dealt with a wide range of workwear. In connection with the corporate restructuring in 1989 Bernt bought the rights to the name Kentaur and the light range of workwear.
The young and visionary businessman travelled all over Denmark with his 8 kg mobile phone, laying the foundation for the current Kentaur brand. Bernt quickly saw possibilities of deploying production in Poland and was one of the first in Denmark who started his own production with experienced seamstresses. During the same period Bernt hired his first employee.
In the early nineties Kentaur experienced a consolidation of the market. An acquisition wave washed over the Danish laundry industry. The period was influenced by rising international trade, whereupon Bernt became aware of the opportunities in the export markets. In autumn 1994, Christian Beirholm was hired to manage of the markets south of Denmark. Christian is passionate and has with the same drive and energy as Bernt established strong relationships with our customers One thing is certain: for both of them, workwear has always been more than just a white coat or a pair of trousers.
The concept "Value for Textile Service" symbolizes the many thoughts and processes behind the constant search for optimization and value creation. With its deep knowledge of the industry and its innovative approach to functional workwear, Kentaur has established strong ties to large sections of the laundry industry.
Since then we have achieved a lot. In January 2015 Kentaur celebrated its 25th anniversary. In the right column you can find a short film of the celebrations. Here you can also read more about Kentaurs exciting journey.
Our head office is located in Fredericia, where we operate with 60 employees. In addition, Kentaur has a subsidiary with two employees in Norway.
Today, Kentaur is a strong player in the European market.
- 1990 the founding of Kentaur.
- 1994 Export to Germany begins. Design and range is expanded from white coats to also include coloured tunics and smocks.
- 1997 Export markets are expanded with Austria. Kentaur moves to a new address.
- 2001 Production is expanded from Poland to also include China. Kentaur Norway A/S is founded
- 2003 Export markets are expanded with Switzerland and Italy. Production in Poland is expanded.
- 2008 Sales are doubled from 2006-2008. Production in Vietnam is established. Full focus on textile service.
- 2015 Kentaur A/S implements a new strategic plan for 2017 with a growth target of 40%. Production is expanded to Serbia.
- 2017 100% digitisation of order placement and marketing. Global online shop. Strategic plan for 2015-2017 is realised with a growth of 60%. New strategy for 2020 is implemented.